Monday, March 12, 2012


I want to thank all of those out there in cyber land who dropped by this blog on March 9th. A whopping 404 views occurred that day, which almost gave me heart failure. It wouldn’t have been such a shock if such a number was an occasional bench mark of viewer activity. I'm still smiling and trying to figure out what I did right. Your visitations are much appreciated.

Having said that, and as I continue to get my breathing under control, I’d like to ask a question of those who drop by here.

A week or so ago, I had a curious thing happen. Somehow, I haven’t a clue as to the agency involved, but somehow, my name and primary email became associated with a YouTube flummox. I admit, I enjoy YouTube as much as anyone, but I’ve not ever created something for viewing there.

Yet, I keep getting an email from YouTube telling me that my video is ready for viewing. Said video is an ad for certain Male Enhancement Drugs; something I know about only from TV commercials. It's a hack job.

Angry? Mildly. Confused? Definitely. Trying to figure out how to stop all of this insanity? Absolutely!

This is my question. Does anyone out there have a clue as to how to get this intrusion to stop? I’ve tried what I know to do, including contacting YouTube directly, and have had no luck. At this point I’m ready to try using the ideas of others, with permission, to eliminate the problem.

There are a lot of people out there who’re far savvier in the ether zone than me. If you have a suggestion, please comment here and let me hear it. I’ll promise to give you full credit for the solution.

That’s my rant for the day. I hope everyone has a great week and a safe one. With the current weather patterns, we may all be battening down hatches before long.

Until later,
Claudsy

3 comments:

  1. I have not been 'hacked' per say but since removing word verification I'm definitely getting more spam. Do you think this is why they could do to your blog what they did? I wish I could help...hopefully someone will read this and know what to do. I have comment moderation so I simply delete the spam.

    Good Luck...and Congrats on all those views on Mar. 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Yes it sounds like you have been hacked into. I would recommend changing all your passwords and run a virus scan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you. Virus scans are automatic on my system, so that doesn't concern me overmuch. I just changed all passwords, so that shouldn't be an issue either. I can only hope that it will stop, especially since I discovered others are receiving the same kind of notification on their email.

    It's always good to know that you guys are out there, willing to help.

    Claudsy

    ReplyDelete