Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stepping Out


In the past several weeks I’ve found myself standing on the edge of a cliff overlooking the rushing possibilities of my life.


I know that I night fall down and skin my knee, but it’s better than ramming my head against a stone wall.

I could paint my nails after a good shower. Then I could dress in my best color and go out to smell the flowers.
 I could find a cool spot to reflect on my future and perhaps come to see the path that I must take from here.

There is a light to guide me, one which can illuminate the mundane and create art.



I’ll take the high road, though I may flounder a bit, and I’ll scale the walls of opportunity.

The mountains of work before me feel as if they could fill a valley.

Yet, at the end of the day I will have accomplished something, even if small, and that’s what counts when I sleep.


At last the day is done. Until later folks, have a good end of the week. Try something new. You never know when inspiration will strike. Whether it works the way you anticipated doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you tried something different by stepping out.

Claudsy
All photos are with permission of BJ Jones Photography

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it, Ellen. Those came from a few days back and two trips. One to Glacier Nat'l Park and the other from Western Montana close to the Idaho border.

    Claudsy

    ReplyDelete